NUMBER OF SERVINGS
- 500 grams waxy/firm texture potatoes
- 1 red onion
- 2 tablespoons white wine vinegar
- 1 clove of garlic
- 6 tablespoons olive oil
- 4 tablespoons marjoram
- 1 jar of black olives (approx. 200 grams drained weight)
- salt and pepper
METHOD OF PREPARATION
- Scrub the potatoes clean.
- Halve the potatoes and boil in water with a pinch of salt until done.
- Cut the red onion into thin rings.
- Then mix the onion and vinegar and allow to rest for approx. 5 minutes.
- Finely chop the marjoram and press the garlic.
- Add the garlic, oil and marjoram to the vinegar and beat with the whisk until thick; add salt and pepper to taste.
- Drain the olives and slice them thinly.
- Drain off the potatoes in a colander and spoon the warm potato pieces and the sliced olives through the dressing.
- Set the mixture aside at room temperature for approx. 1 hour to allow the flavours to be absorbed.
- Divide the salad on the plates, enjoy!
This dish is also the perfect start for a summer season main course salad. Add a tin of tuna or slices of smoked chicken, for example. A delicious side dish for a barbecue or grilled dishes!