NUMBER OF SERVINGS
- 1 large onion
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 200 ml water
- 4 stewing pears
- 5 medium-sized firm texture potatoes
- lemon juice
METHOD OF PREPARATION
- Peel and coarsely chop the onion.
- Peel the pears, cut them into quarters, remove the cores and then cut them into thin slices.
- Peel the potatoes and cut them into thin slices.
- Melt the butter in a pan and heat the flour and the sugar in the butter while continuously stirring until light brown.
- Add the onion and continue stirring until the mixture is deep brown.
- Gradually add the water and continue stirring until the sauce is smooth, then lower the heat.
- Spoon the potato and the pear through the sauce and let the mixture simmer over low heat for approx. 35 minutes.
- Stir regularly to prevent the mixture from sticking to the bottom and burning.
- Season with salt, sugar, lemon juice and (optional) cinnamon.
- Goes well with a nice piece of sausage!
30 to 45 minutes
★★☆ (2 stars)