Can it be any easier? Boiled potatoes, with a delicious twist!
NUMBER OF SERVINGS
- 400 grams firm texture potatoes
- 100 grams smoked bacon pieces / cubes
- 1 shallot (or half a red onion)
- potato spices
METHOD OF PREPARATION
- Brush or scrub the potatoes under running tap water until clean *
- Cut the potatoes into small pieces: the smaller the pieces, the less time they need to cook!
- Boil the potatoes in water until cooked, approx. 15 minutes: check that they are done by pricking a fork into a potato. The potatoes are done if the potato easily slides off the fork.
- Peel and finely chop the shallot.
- Fry the bacon pieces in a frying pan (do not use extra butter, but rather fry them in their own fat).
- Halfway through frying the bacon, add the finely chopped shallot and continue frying until the onions are brown and the bacon is crispy.
- Drain off the potatoes and sprinkle with the potato spices: gently shake the potatoes.
- Place the potatoes in a dish and sprinkle on a bit more potato spices.
- Spoon the bacon pieces and onions onto paper towels to drain; pat dry to quicken this process.
- Divide the bacon pieces and onions over the potatoes.
- Serve with vegetables and a portion of meat or fish, if desired.
– Goes well with red cabbage, for example * We recommend that you scrub/brush; is the skin of the potatoes somewhat rough or irregular or do they have pits? Then peel them.